8 Fashion Buys to Get You Through the Rest of Summer
by Emily Goulet | August 6, 2014 4:07 pm
A coworker of mine complained this morning about all the fall promotions happening right now. And she’s right: Stores are stocking leather jackets, grocery aisles are filled with Halloween candy, and—worst of it all—I saw my first back-to-school commercial on TV. DEATH. But lest we forget, we’ve still got a few more weeks of summer here, and amidst the cable-knits and candy corn, there are still buys out there begging to be trotted out during these dwindling summer days. Here are eight of the best ones to buy now—all are available at local shops!—wear now, and then store until you can break ’em out next summer.
The Inspiration: Mara Hoffman Resort Swim 2014.
Anine Bing studded sandals, $299 by special order at Sheridan Square, Merion.
Lemlem Lilly Split cover-up, $198 at Menagerie, Wayne.
TIP: Elevate your terry game with Adler’s regal pattern in delightfully bold colors — the chicest way to wrap up post-swim. Luxembourg Horse beach towel, $59.99 at Jonathan Adler, Old City.
Star Mela Leila embroidered duffel bag, $128 at Eaves, Wayne.
Miu Miu Noir pink glitter sunglasses, $395 at Blink, Rittenhouse and South Street.
Kule Dashell dress, $445 at Style Camp, Chestnut Hill.
Forget minuscule bikinis. The season’s biggest swimwear trend is wearing a rash guard — even if you’re not venturing anywhere near a surfboard. (We won’t tell.) Hibiscus floral rash guard, $64.99, and bikini bottoms, $39.99, both at JCrew.com.
Originally published in the August 2014 issue of Philadelphia magazine.
- Sheridan Square: http://www.sheridansq.com/
- Menagerie: http://ajeweledmenagerie.com/page14.html
- Jonathan Adler: http://www.jonathanadler.com/Luxembourg-Horse-Beach-Towel/?initial=24532&xid=b6329d6520f18b6302f51eec4e8adfb8
- Eaves: http://www.shopeaves.com/content/
- Style Camp: http://www.style-camp.com/
- JCrew.com: https://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/Swim_m/Rashguards/PRD~A7958/A7958.jsp?Nbrd=J&Nloc=en_US&Nrpp=100&Npge=1&Ntrm=rash+guard&isSaleItem=true&styles=A7958-KU0533&isFromSearch=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row19
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/shoppist/2014/08/06/8-fashion-buys-get-rest-summer/
Copyright ©2018 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.