Headlines: What’s Next for Legodelphia?
Posted by Legodelphia on Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Around a year ago, stories started to trickle out about a man named Levi Buffum, who lovingly recreated the Philadelphia cityscape–Race Street to Spruce Street, river to river–using one amazing medium: white Lego bricks.
The pictures, as you would expect, are amazing and also pretty damn realistic. And so, the legend of Legodelphia was born. According to a recent post on Legodelphia’s Facebook Page, Buffum is seeking opinions about what to do with this glorious representation of the City of Brotherly Love. He writes:
I’m still contemplating what to do with it as it’s currently in storage. What do you all think would be a fitting next home for it? Please Touch Museum? Philly Center for Architecture?
So, we present you with one simple question: what should Buffum do with the massive Legodelphia model? (If the option is divvying it up block-by-block or building-by-building, we totally call dibs on the Art Museum.)
Around the PhillyMag Universe:
- The No-Bullshit Guide to a Litter-Free Block [Citified]
- How to Tour Urban Farms for Free Every Weekend [Be Well Philly]
- The City Shuts Down Point Breeze’s Pop-Up Beer Garden [PhillyMag–News]
- Legodelphia: https://www.facebook.com/legodelphia
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014: https://www.facebook.com/legodelphia/photos/a.547651772011126.1073741829.547529475356689/596593160450320/?type=1
- stories: http://citypaper.net/Blogs/Look-A-huge-model-of-Center-City-built-out-of-Legos/
- trickle: http://www.geekadelphia.com/2014/07/14/its-always-awesome-in-legodelphia/
- amazing: http://imgur.com/a/b5xcQ
- pretty: https://www.facebook.com/legodelphia/photos/pb.547529475356689.-2207520000.1436497724./593365457439757/?type=3&theater
- realistic: https://www.facebook.com/legodelphia/photos/pb.547529475356689.-2207520000.1436497727./578992138877089/?type=3&theater
- writes: https://www.facebook.com/legodelphia?fref=nf
- The No-Bullshit Guide to a Litter-Free Block: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/07/09/philadelphia-block-cleanup/
- How to Tour Urban Farms for Free Every Weekend: https://www.phillymag.com/be-well-philly/2015/07/09/free-urban-farm-tours/
- The City Shuts Down Point Breeze’s Pop-Up Beer Garden: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/07/09/beer-garden-shut-down/
- 11 Clever Home Storage Spots You’ve Probably Overlooked: http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/interior-projects/news/g2093/overlooked-storage-spots/?
- Lots of investor interest in Public Ledger office building : http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/blog/real-estate/2015/07/public-ledger-old-city-chestnut-sale-carlyle.html
- Looks Like the Isle Apartments Are Happening : http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-philly/manayunk/looks-like-the-isle-apartments-are-happening
- Reverse mortgages are due when borrowers die: http://www.philly.com/philly/business/real_estate/residential/Reverse_mortgage_are_due_when_borrowers_die.html#6VB4Uh0AR6Q2umXZ.99
- Water-Reacting Architectural Surface: https://vimeo.com/131645619
- Chao Chen: https://vimeo.com/user40376169
- Vimeo: https://vimeo.com
- Student Invents Shapeshifting Pine cone-inspired Building Material: http://www.popsci.com/student-invents-shapeshifting-pinecone-inspired-building-material
- this: https://www.phillymag.com/property/2015/02/22/habitat-k-yoder-design-transforms-m-pei-designed-home-society-hill/
- this: https://www.phillymag.com/property/2015/03/08/habitat-pickle-factory-fishtown/
- firstname.lastname@example.org: mailto:email@example.com
- Property: https://www.facebook.com/PropertyPhilly?ref=bookmarks
- @PropertyPhilly: https://twitter.com/PropertyPhilly
- Phillyscape: https://www.pinterest.com/phillymag/the-phillyscape/
- Philly Home: https://www.pinterest.com/phillymag/philly-home/
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/property/2015/07/10/headlines-whats-next-for-legodelphia/
Copyright ©2019 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.