Headlines: First Pics from the Upcoming One Liberty Observation Deck
The PHLCVB was privileged to have a sneak preview of the newly-named One Liberty Observation Deck today. Taking visitors 57 floors above street level, it will not only provide sweeping views of #PHL’s skyline but also a highly interactive experience for locals and visitors alike! #PhillyFromTheTop @PhillyFromTheTop #discoverPHL
Remember back in March when we told you that the opening of the observation deck at One Liberty was being pushed back to the fall? While a specific opening date has yet to be nailed down, we now know that it will officially be called the One Liberty Observation Deck. There are also some tantalizing pictures of the kinds of views we can expect from 57 floors above our fair city.
Uwishunu takes us on a sneak peek of Philly’s next big attraction:
Now under construction, Montparnasse 56 (or M56) — a Parisian-based company that operates observation decks in the John Hancock Tower in Chicago and the Montparnasse 56 Tower in Paris — is building the observatory, which will also include interactive elements and artistic installation.
Admission to the sky deck won’t be free: Youth (3 to 11 years old) will cost $14, adults $19. You’ll eventually be able to purchase tickets here. For now, enjoy the stream of images from the official Twitter and Instagram accounts. We are expecting a heavy usage of our #Phillyscape tag from this spot.
- Philadelphia’s Coming-Soon Spot For Sky-High Views Has A Name: One Liberty Observation Deck [Uwishunu]
- PHS hints of more pop-up beer gardens [The Inquirer]
- Vote Like a Pro [Citified]
- Philadelphia-area high schools make strong showing on U.S. News ranking [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Renzo Piano Designs New Handbag Inspired by the Whitney Museum [Arch Daily]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home