Headlines: Fishtown Neighbors Give the Thumbs Down to Apartments Projects
The plans for the 12-story apartment building near Penn Treaty Park met the Fishtown Neighbors Association last night, and let’s just say it didn’t go too well. Jared Brey of PlanPhilly reports FNA voted to oppose two of apartment complexes proposed by Core Realty–1100 North Delaware Avenue (picture above) and 1212 North Delaware Avenue.
1100 North Delaware Avenue is the former Edward Corner Building and plans called to scrap the former maritime shop in favor of a 12-story apartment complex with ground floor retail. It would also include two-bedroom townhomes on the Allen Street side of the building with a pedestrian pass through to Delaware Avenue. Here’s the crux of the situation from Brey:
In order to get the two buildings approved, Samschick will need a number of fairly minor variances for lot coverage, open area, the number of loading docks, floor area ratio, and setbacks on the roof deck at 1100 N. Delaware. That building is the bigger of the two; it would house 180 apartment units, office space and a rooftop pool.
Residents said the request for variances does not mesh with the Central Delaware zoning overlay, a plan that took years to develop and set the guidelines for development in the area. Brey reports that nearly two-thirds of those in attendance raised their hands in opposition to both projects.
Fishtown group rejects two development proposals on Delaware Ave. [PlanPhilly]
- Should Philly Get Rid of One-Way Streets? [Curbed Philly]
- Addition Finished at 10th & Cross [Naked Philly]
- 2015 Ardmore Free Library sets Recipe for Renovation Kitchen Tour [Main Line Times]
- The Arty Bunker – part gallery, part classroom – planned for 45th and Baltimore [West Philly Local]
The Pearly Gates of City Hall (With a Twist):
Patrick Kerkstra takes a look at the soon-to-be-amazing gates at City Hall. There’s also an interesting twist when it comes to mayoral candidate Jim Kenney.
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home