Farmhouse Friday: Mind Blowing ‘Whisper’ Listing in New Hope
Honestly, it’s okay if your first thought about this contemporary farmhouse is simply, woah. It was ours as well.
At first glance, the home is a perfect blend of sleek modernity and classic form on 2.6 acres of beautiful Bucks County land, thanks in large part to architect Shannon Pendleton. It’s not often that you see an $80,000 glass tower, center hall entryway. Caryn Black, realtor with Addison Wolfe Real Estate, tells us this is a ‘whisper’ listing, meaning this exclusive property isn’t listed on MLS.
Making it more special is the fact that it was built to be an oil free, near zero carbon footprint luxury home fully loaded with custom amenities that even the greenest of thumbs would pine over:
- Recycle cement facade, tile and countertops
- Metal roof for top-notch insulation
- One mile, in-ground closed-loop geothermal AC/Heating system
- Glass tower provides light and natural temperature control
- Salt and chlorine free whole home water filter with significant water storage capacity
- Non-toxic paint/primer
- Federal Stweardship Council approved hardwood and bamboo flooring
- 20 kilowatt generator
Now, the architecture and green features are great, but let’s talk some luxury, shall we? The home boasts heated floors throughout, the importance of which can’t be overstated during the winter months. You can also warm yourself by multiple fireplaces by Rumford or indulge in the absolutely stunning master bathroom, featuring a standalone egg shell soaking tub and enormous jewel-box shower.
You are not going to want to miss this extensive gallery.
THE FINE PRINT:
Square Feet: 6,600
Additional Info: 2.6 acres
2775 River Road, New Hope 18938, PA
- 2775 River Road, New Hope, PA 18938 [Addison Wolfe Real Estate]