Morning Headlines: New Digital Billboards Being Tested on Market Street
Wow. They're testing the big ad boards at the Lit Brothers building. @PropertyPhilly pic.twitter.com/3XqYqEBTpt
— Foobooz Shore (@FooboozShore) January 9, 2015
If you’ve walked past the former Lit Brothers building at 7th and Market at all this past weekend, chances are you spotted what we told you was coming a few months ago: new LED billboards.
The wraparound digital signs are currently being tested, according to the Inquirer, but once permanently set are expected to “ignite a transformation” on the long dwindling commercial corridor via revenue from advertising contracts and the $10 million going into updating nearby public amenities.
• New lights shine over Market East [Inquirer]
In other news…
• Construction on Penn’s Campus Will Eventually Look So Cool [Naked Philly]
• Green for All [Grid Philly]
• The dome of the Penn Museum rotunda [Good Eye]
• 88 Parking Spots at 69th Street Terminal Removed Due to Construction [NBC10]
• Historical Commission approves redo for Georgian jewel and amends hardship case language [PlanPhilly]
• Effort to swap Millville protected land pits environmentalists against city officials [Inquirer]
• Developer hoping to start first phase of Steeple View project in Newtown during first quarter of 2015 [Bucks Local]