City House of the Week: Unique Graduate Hospital Contemporary
Every now and then you’ll hear someone scoff at contemporary residences, deeming their designs and materials too cold and impersonal to warrant being called home. But it’s properties like this one that prove these naysayers wrong.
The Graduate Hospital townhouse (designed by those sought-after folks at Friday Architects) includes a living area on the roof, making your heliotherapy sessions a cinch. Then, there’s the actual living room. Located on the first level, the living room has an open floor plan that encompasses the kitchen, dining area and an extensive glass retractable door that gives the “open up a window to let in fresh air” request a whole new meaning.
Other features of note:
• Three-story canopied skylight
• Aluminum-slated catwalks and pine wood floating staircases
• Kitchen with Jenn-Aire appliances and eco-friendly Richlite countertops
• Patio with benches and built-in planters
• Master bedroom with Juliet balcony and en suite bathroom.
THE FINE PRINT
Square feet: 2,200
Listing: 2103 Catharine St, Philadelphia, PA, 19146 [Elfant Wissahickon – Rittenhouse Square]