Welcome to Proposal Season in Philly!
It’s time to get in the spirit.
Pandemic or not, December is consistently the most popular month for popping the question. And why not? The holiday charm, plus all of its decor and upbeat music that generates warm and fuzzy feelings, gets us in the spirit of the season and makes us want to celebrate with our one-and-only. So in honor of Proposal Month, we’ve put together a list of our favorite Philadelphia marriage proposals from the past year. There’s a festive celebration amid a decked-out holiday street (just wait till you hear how the two ER nurses asked each other for forever), a made-for-TV proposal at the new Four Seasons, and a stylish photo shoot turned surprise engagement featuring the entire family. It’s moments like these that touch our hearts and make us believe in the beauty of love — no matter what comes our way.
You can read more about their stories below. And if you’d like to see your own proposal on our pages in coming months, we’d love to hear from you! While you can find instructions here, we’re always on the lookout for only-in-Philly proposals (Gritty cakes!), iconic locations, and touching stories (like using a ukulele to share your good news). And when you’re ready to submit your wedding, we’ve got you covered there, too.
The suave groom-to-be got the whole family involved. Keep reading here.
Need engagement-photo inspiration? Here are some of our recent favorites:
- She Thought It Was a Maternity Shoot at a Sunflower Farm. He Surprised Her by Proposing
- After a Decade Together, He Proposed to His High-School Sweetheart at ONE North Broad
- A Winter on Broad Street Proposal Filled With Tons of Glittering Holiday Lights
- Real Talk: We Chose Diamond Engagement Bands Because Rings Have No Gender
- This Couple Wore Indian Attire and Casual Fall Looks for Their Barnes Foundation Engagement Photo Shoot
- This Long-Distance Couple’s Engagement Shoot Is an Ode to Philly
- What It’s Like to Do a FaceTime Engagement Shoot
- American Horror Story Inspired These Magical Philly Engagement Photos
- This Couple’s Dog Crashed Their Engagement Photos at Tattooed Mom
For all of the rest of your wedding planning needs, here’s our great list of Philly vendors, too. Happy planning!