The Kimmel Center & Garces Events Are Giving Away a Wedding And We’ve Got All the Details
To celebrate the farewell tour run of Mama Mia! as part of Philadelphia’s Broadway season, the lovely folks at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and Garces Events have teamed up to give a away a wedding to a Philadelphia couple (that will take place right at the Kimmel Center. They’re calling it the Mama Mia! Wedding Giveaway, and guys—this is pretty good. Here’s the deal:
- The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, December 21, 2016.
- The wedding, should you score it, will take place on February 11, 2017. (So make sure you’re cool with getting married in two months before submitting, obv.)
- Three finalist couples will be selected at random before the December 27th final performance of Mama Mia! at the Merriam Theater, and invited to attend the show. The winners (who will also be selected at random) will then be announced from the stage at its conclusion!
- Here’s how you submit:
- Create a 30-second video about your love story and post it to either your Instagram or Twitter account using the hashtag #MiaWeddingPHL (so remember to set your accounts as public)—or submit the video as a comment on a related post on the Kimmel Center’s Facebook page.
- You can also send a brief essay to [email protected]
- Oh and the wedding itself? Here’s what it will include (it’s a $55,312 celebration):
- A wedding for 100 of your nearest in the Kimmel Center’s Hamilton Rooftop Garden, with catering by Garces Events
- Flowers by Petals Lane
- Entertainment by EBE Events & Entertainment
- Videography by CinemaCake
- Invitations by Paper Rock Scissors
- Photography by Campli Photography
- China, glassware, flatware and linens by Party Rental Ltd.
- Bridalwear by David’s Bridal
- Men’s formalwear by Men’s Warehouse
- And of course, those two tickets to the December 27th performance of Mama Mia!
- You can read up on all of the details, rules and regulations here.
Not a bad deal, is it? Good luck to any of our readers who submit—we can’t wait to see the pictures!
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.