Find Your Wedding-Cake Baker at City of Hope’s Awesome ‘Let Them Eat Cake’ Event
A week from today, my engaged friends, is an event where you can look at and eat, like, a million seriously impressive cakes made by local Philly-area bakers, sip champagne, listen to a live band, and have a generally lovely evening with your fiance or bridesmaids—all while knowing that the proceeds of the evening are going to City of Hope’s women’s cancer research. It’s time for Let Them Eat Cake!This is the deal:
- The event is Monday, April 27th starting at 6pm at the Crystal Tea Room.
- It’s a competition among the bakers, so before you arrive, judging will have taken place. This year’s head judge is Buddy Valestro of TLC’s Cake Boss, and the winners chosen by him and his peeps will be announced during the event. (The theme this year is “Masterpieces in Cake.”)
- You’ll be able to wander around, look at the amazing cakes, chat with 30-some bakers—and of course, most importantly, taste. (Don’t worry, there are take-home containers galore for when you get stuffed.)
- There will be other wedding vendors to chat with, and live music from BVT Entertainment.
- There will be Korbel champagne to sip, and tastings from Penn Distilling.
- The first 100 guests get goody bags valued at $100.
- Tickets are $40 if you get them now, or $50 at the door, and include everything mentioned above. Get ’em right here.
It’s a really lovely night—which I can tell you first hand as someone who has, in the past, sacrificed her waistline to be a judge—and if you don’t know what you’re thinking yet as far as the cake that you will smash in your brand new spouse’s face, well, this event should definitely get you thinking. So grab your peeps and get tasting!
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.