A New Local Company Will Plan Your ‘Pop Up’ Wedding In Just 30 to 90 Days
Leona Davis and Stacy McGuigan are not your typical wedding planners: As the creative minds behind Haddonfield-based PopUp Weddings Original, they’ll plan and execute a unique, intimate celebration for you and your to-be in just 30 to 90 days—all you need to do is show up on the date with your marriage license and your guests in tow.
Both Davis and McGuigan have spent years in the local wedding industry—Davis is the owner and stationer at Little Pearl Designs and McGuigan has her own event consulting business—and have noticed over time that planning a wedding is not for everybody. PopUp Weddings was born to cater to those couples who want a smaller, one-of-a-kind affair without all the fuss and stress that can come with the typical months-long planning process.
When you put your Big Day in their team’s hands, they’ll take care of every detail with as much, or as little, input as you’d like to give. If you already have a vision for your day in mind, Davis and McGuigan will follow your lead—and on the other hand, if you want to be completely surprised, they’ll choose everything from the decor to the venue (they have a set of locations lined up that includes local parks, restaurants, and Philly’s Magic Gardens).
To begin, there are two wedding packages for couples to choose from depending on the size of their party. The Petit package, which allows for up to 10 guests, includes the following:
- A coordinator to guide you through the day of the wedding
- A one and a half hour block at the chosen venue
- Wedding invitations
- Set-up and decor for the ceremony
- A bouquet and boutonniere for the bride and groom
- A wedding minister to preside over the ceremony
- A photographer to capture the ceremony and a photo session following your I Do’s (including a mini look book with 10 photos)
- Champagne to toast the occasion
- A pretty cake for everyone to enjoy once you tie the knot
For couples with up to 25 guests, the Enchantment package offers everything in the Petit bundle plus:
- Hair and makeup for the bride
- An extra half hour (two hours total) at the venue
- A bouquet and boutonniere for the MOH and Best Man
- A pre-ceremony photo session
- Five passed appetizers
Davis and McGuigan also offer additional a la carte options like a videographer, musician, and more flowers, should you want to add other elements to your celebration. (Oh, and they will do all of this for vow renewal celebrations, too.)
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.