Wanna Be a Bridal Blogger for Philadelphia Wedding?
So, we did do a call-out for interested bridal bloggers this summer, we know—but then we ended up taking a hiatus from those columns while we geared up for our website relaunch and got settled into our new jam. And while we’re sorry to have missed out on any fabulous ladies back then—we’d like to open it up again to hear from any of our newly engaged readers who would like to share their journey to the altar with our PW community!
If you’re interested in blogging about your wedding-planning experience, just like Stephanie, Carly, Kristy, and lots of other lovely ladies before you, here is the basic deal. To blog for PW, you need to …
- … be newly engaged—or, even if you’ve been engaged for a little while, still be, like, a year or so out from your wedding date, and still have not made any major wedding plans (we want to come along on as much of this journey with you as we can!).
- … like to write—you don’t have to do it for a living, but if you find you have otherwise enjoyed blogging, always got As on your college papers, and regularly impress both loved ones and business associates alike with your articulate and possibly funny and heartwarming emails, so much the better.
- … be having a Philly wedding put on by Philly vendors! Both venue and vendors can extend to the PA, NJ, and even DE suburbs, though you can ask me about any exceptions. (And, I realize you may possibly only have a venue picked at this point, which is fine, as long as you don’t have plans to scurry off to NYC or somesuch to make the rest of your hires.)
- … be cool with consistently doing one post a week—and providing pics whenever applicable—from the time you sign on until your Big Day! So, we’re talking about a year. (Plus, you know, your Big Day and honeymoon wrap-up posts.)
- … be cool with seeing my name a lot in your inbox, both to check on maybe where your weekly post is, ask a dumb question, make a special request, etc., etc. Just ask Carly, Kristy, and Stephanie, who can confirm this, and who will hopefully also not tell you that I am an evil editrix who should also have a movie made about her.
- … be cool with the fact that this is not a paid gig, at least not monetarily speaking. Your bounty will overflow, however, with love from our little Philly bridal community.
And that’s all I can think of for now! If you’re interested, please drop me a line at email@example.com, and tell me what your deal is: Who are you and your fiance? When and where are you getting married? What parts have you figured out so far? Why do you want to do this? And all that jazz. Also ask me any questions that I didn’t already answer here. And if you’re not interested, but think an engaged friend might be, please do feel free to pass this humble request along to her.
Hope to hear from you!
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.