Wedding Planner Carolyn Verdi’s New South Philly Boutique’s Got You Covered From the Gown to the Invitations
by Jessica Green | February 19, 2014 2:54 pm
The Carolyn Verdi boutique is at 1746 East Passyunk Avenue in South Philly.
There are certainly one-stop shops that cover things like, say, your wedding-day ensemble, hitting on the gown, shoes, clutch, jewelry, and headpiece all under one roof. And then there are one-stop shops that cover a wide gamut of needs—and that’s what we’ve got on our hands with Philadelphia wedding planner Carolyn Verdi’s new boutique.
Besides planning, Verdi used to be involved in the Sample Rack, a fab gown shop on Pine that sells deeply discounted dresses from designer showrooms, but she wanted to open her East Passyunk shop—Carolyn Verdi Boutique—so that she could have a place to expand her business in any way she wanted to—and that’s exactly what she did. (As she says: “We do everything.) Here’s what you can find:
- Wedding gowns. CV Boutique sells sample dresses from a list of rotating designers, including Allure and Maggie Sottero (in fact, the boutique is officially a Maggie Sottero store). No gown is priced over $1,200, and she carries dresses as low as $350.
- Jewelry. Vintage, costume, special occasion—the boutique carries oodles of necklaces, jewelry, bracelets; and they promote local accessory designers, carrying handcrafted, Philly-made, one-of-a-kind pieces throughout the store.
- Wedding planning. Verdi offers her planning services through the boutique, where couples can come to chat with her about full, partial, or day-of services. She even offers a one-time consultation where couples can work with her for four hours and go through everything they need—including planning a budget—and she’ll give them referrals for vendors before they leave.
- Invitations and calligraphy. Verdi’s got a healthy inventory of wedding invitations to choose from and personalize for your Big Day, and she’s got access to artists if you’re looking for something a little bit more customized. Bonus: Verdi herself does elegant calligraphy, and can even address them all for you once they’re chosen and complete.
Verdi is so excited to bring her 23 years of wedding-planning experience and knack for wedding-day style to her new shop—and can’t wait to help brides make some check marks on that overwhelmingly long to-do list.
The boutique is open Tuesday through Saturday, but appointments can be made for off-hours if needed.
Like Philadelphia Wedding on Facebook
Follow Philadelphia Wedding on Twitter
Sign up for the Philadelphia Wedding newsletter
- the Sample Rack: https://www.phillymag.com/wedding-vendors/the-sample-rack/
- Carolyn Verdi Boutique: http://carolynverdi.com/
- Like Philadelphia Wedding on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/philadelphiawedding
- Follow Philadelphia Wedding on Twitter: https://twitter.com/philaWedding
- Sign up for the Philadelphia Wedding newsletter: https://www.phillymag.com/newsletters/
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/philadelphia-wedding/2014/02/19/wedding-planner-carolyn-verdis-new-south-philly-boutiques-got-covered-gown-invitations/
Copyright ©2018 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.