Win a Free Wedding (and Honeymoon in Ireland!) With PHS and Philadelphia Wedding’s Greatest Groom Contest!
We’re doing it again, y’all! It’s our Greatest Groom contest!
It was such a success last time we did it—with our awesome couple, Amy and Tim, winning a wedding at the lovely Pen Ryn Estate in Bucks County—that we’re doing it again, this time along with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, who of course, puts on the famous Philadelphia Flower Show.
So first, what we’re looking for are nominations for guys who are the “greatest groom”; the dude in your life, whether it’s your boyfriend or fiance, son, friend or grandson who are just the best and really deserve to win a paid-for wedding. If you know someone like this, tell us about it right here. We’ll start taking nominations today, and will take them until January 10, 2014.
And of course, the wedding details. Here’s how this goes:
- What you’ll win is a wedding, courtesy of PHS, that will take place on Wedding Wednesday, March 5, 2014 (so hey, that’s your wedding date!) at the Flower Show (which has a theme this year of “ARTiculture—where art meets horticulture”).
- You can have a guest list of 75 people.
- You will have a private cocktail hour that goes from 7-8pm that evening. Your ceremony will happen at 8, and will take place (publicly) on the main flower show floor! Then, after that and until 10pm, you’ll have a private reception with your friends and family.
- Your dress will come from lovely Philly bridal boutique Unveiled.
- Your hair and makeup will be done by Jenkintown’s Salon Norman-Dee.
- Your invitations will come from Papertree Studio.
- Your photography will be provided by Bryn Mawr’s Pictures by Todd.
- Your videography will be provided by Lansdale’s Branded Productions.
- Your flowers will be provided Philly’s by Robertson’s Flowers.
- The two of you will get a free overnight stay at the Loew’s Hotel in Center City that night.
- Oh and hey, you’ll also get an all-expenses-paid honeymoon to Ireland courtesy of Tourism Ireland! (Which includes flights to and from the Philadelphia and Shannon airports; six nights and seven days at a four-star hotel on the west coast of Ireland; and car service throughout the week. The winning couple will have a year from the day of the wedding to take the honeymoon, so if you’re not able to go right after the Big Day at Wedding Wednesday, no big.)
Pretty awesome, right? So get submitting, ladies! We’re so excited to read about all the amazing guys out there in the Philadelphia area who deserve to win this wedding. The folks at here at PW and at PHS will be choosing a winner soon after the deadline closes so that the winning couple can prepare, of course—so be sure to tell us all about him, and pass this on to others who might know of someone who would make the Greatest Groom, too.