The Ice Skating Rink at Dilworth Park Opens Today
Here's one upside to the wintry weather.
Here’s one upside to the wintry weather this Friday morning: the ice skating rink at Dilworth Park will officially open today.
- The Five Best Places to Lace Up a Pair of Skates in Philly
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter Sports Around Philadelphia
- Where to Go Ice Skating Around Philadelphia
- See Photos From Our Secret Pop-Up Event at BlueCross RiverRink
- Five Places to Ice-Skate for Free in Philly
- Here’s What You’ll be Eating at Dilworth Park this Winter
- Are You Ready for Center City Sips and Skate?
- DO THIS: Friday the 13th Zombie Skate at Dilworth Park
- 10 Great Places to Ice Skate in the Philadelphia Region
The park’s warm-weather fountains have given way to the Rothman Institute Ice Rink for the winter, and starting at noon, you can lace up some skates and circle the rink.
— CCD Parks (@CCDParks) November 9, 2017
In fact, Friday is the official opening of Dilworth Park’s Wintergarden, which means you can also visit the Rothman Institute Cabin (if you’re looking to warm up and grab a bite between skating sessions) and the park’s garden maze.
The opening celebration will include performances by Philly POPS Festival Brass, the Symmetry Junior figure skating team and Temple University cheerleaders. To celebrate Veterans Day, those with military ID can skate for free all day.
Skating at Dilworth Park costs $5 for adults, $10 for skate rental and $3 for kids 10 and under. The rink is open from noon to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, from noon to 11 p.m. on Friday, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. For more information visit the park’s website.