Two SEPTA Employees Burned After Flames Shoot Out of Manhole in Southwest Philly
the next pennsylvania everburning sewer gas sinkhole to hell is coming to my neighborhood!!! https://t.co/JmGSjUhjOF
— THE DUKE OF FALL (@meanchelled) December 15, 2016
Two SEPTA employees were burned by flames that shot out of a manhole in southwest Philadelphia yesterday.
The workers were looking for a potential gas leaks near 49th Street and Windsor Avenue shortly before 12:30 p.m. when the manhole fire erupted, SEPTA officials said.
One worker was transferred to Temple University’s Burn Unit in critical but stable condition. The other was treated and discharged from Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.
Officials from Philadelphia Gas Works are reportedly not yet sure of the cause of the fire, but there were no reported gas leaks.
Metro captured the flames on camera:
Follow @ClaireSasko on Twitter.