Weekend Roundup: Crystal Queer, Brian Sanders’ JUNK, Haus of Ham Brunch and More
Pig Iron Theater Company presents “PIGONOMETRY,” its annual benefit cabaret. Joining the cutting-edge theater troupe will be Brian Sanders JUNK, Magda and Chelsea, Johnny Showcase and his Left Lucy Cabaret, Fantasy Grandma, and of course the one and only Martha Graham Cracker.
- Brand new Philly LGBT film organization qFLIX kicks off a monthly screening series at Tavern On Camac with a showing of Capital Games.
- Head to South Philly’s Adobe Café for Kickstarter Kick-Off Party hosted by local performance artist Sebastian to raise funds for his latest project, “Showbiz.”
- Lascivious Jane is hosting Mama’s Hose: Philly’s Tastiest All-Female Cabaret. Drag, burlesque, live-singing and just about everything else from some of Philly’s best female performers. There’s even Girl Scout Cookies on sale for those who get there early.
- Brave the crappy weather for a round of afternoon poker with Butch Cordora at Boxers PHL.
- Start the weekend with a night of crying from laughter and drooling in awe as Artsong Repertory Theater Company talents Alexandra Porter and Jennifer Beattie perform songs as sock puppets.
- DJ Nolita Selector presents Crystal Queer, a West Philly dance party. Proceeds will go to Lxs Afrxlatinxs: Queer and Trans Afrolatin@ Visibility Project.
- If you love cult classic The Fifth Element, you’ll fit right in at “The Fifth Snowball,” hosted by Brian Sanders’ JUNK.
- These queens know how to get pretty, but do they have what it takes to get “booger ugly?” The Gayborhood’s first “official” Booger Drag, is an event you won’t want to miss. Contestants will compete in three categories: Tacky Evening Gown, “Talent,” and Pageant Platform/Spokesmodel—and the top three will lip-sync for the Miss Boxed Wine crown.
- A benefit hosted by Tabu for one of its own, will help pay for the medical expenses of Sam Sierra, the bar’s doorman who was brutally assaulted in the Gayborhood last month. Besides being there to show your support, there will be door prizes, 50/50 raffles, and a live show to keep everyone in good spirits
Sleepover, The Party is bringing you Alien(s) meets pajamas meets dance party. Dress as your favorite character—or in your PJs if you want.
- I Am Human Campaign and SOULS of BEBASHI collaborate to host I Am Human Appreciation Party & Mini Ball. Wear your I AM HUMAN apparel and get in for free. It starts at 11 p.m. at 4529 Germantown Avenue.
- New drag/comedy trio Haus of Ham (aka Mistor Fahrenheit, Lili StQueer and Pissi Myles) is bringing a drag brunch that will leave you cackling and satiated all at the same time.
- Looking for LGBT vendors for an upcoming wedding? You’re in luck: The Same Sex Wedding Expo is coming to Philly. Admission is free, but reservations are requested.
- Karaoke mistress Sara Sherr returns to Bob and Barbara’s with an evening of song to celebrate Etta James’s birthday.