Weekend Roundup: Bearlesque Welcomes a New Bear, a Straight Bar Takeover and More Gay Ways to Celebrate the First Weekend of 2015
- The Welcoming Committee (TWC)’s first straight-bar takeover of the year is Room 12 Bar and Lounge at 1200 Sansom Street. Show up to drink, dance and meet some of TWC’s newest leaders and Corps members.
- The first Bearlesque of the year is a greatest hits of sorts, with performers doing their favorite numbers. Mistor Fahrenheit is the evening’s guest star, and the troupe will debut a new dancer, Angel Suarez.
- Cutn Paste hat-tips the winter season with Ice Queendom at The Bike Stop.
- Don’t miss the Gayborhood premiere of “Beneath the Makeup,” a documentary chronicling what happens when local drag queens Brittany Lynn, Pissi Myles and Ariel Versace take off the makeup. More info here.
- Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret celebrates four years performing at Tabu—and being the bar’s longest-running drag show—with “Copyright Infringement.”