Sean Verdi Dies of Apparent Drug Overdose
Sean Verdi, who you may remember as one of PhillyGayCalendar’s annual Boys of Summer lifeguards, was pronounced dead this week, succumbing to an apparent drug overdose. He was only 23 years old. The New York Daily News has more:
He was found unconscious Wednesday morning in a bathtub in hotelier Ian Reisner’s penthouse apartment on Central Park South, police sources said.
Sean Verdi, of Bay Ridge, was rushed from 230 Central Park South to Saint Luke’s Hospital after Reisner called 911 about 8:20 a.m., police sources said. He died at 9:03 a.m.
The death appeared to be a drug overdose, a police source said, but the Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy on Thursday.
Investigators do not believe that any criminality was involved, police said. At least one friend who was with Verdi told cops that Verdi had taken cocaine and molly, but no drugs were found at the apartment, a police source said.
Verdi was graduated from Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, N.J., in May. He majored in bioengineering and was a member of Sigma Nu fraternity.
To read more of the piece, go here. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.