Join M. Night Shyamalan, Christina Weiss Lurie, William Hite, and More at ThinkFest 2014
To state the obvious: Philadelphia is not a city that has a reputation for innovation. (See: bus tokens.) But while we might not have the collective cash of Silicon Valley or the in-your-face flash of New York, this town is filled brilliant people who dedicate their lives to inching things forward, to discovering better ways, to thinking without limits.
That is what ThinkFest is all about.
For the third year in a row, we have asked some of the most interesting people in town to share their big ideas, to challenge our perspectives, and to inspire us. There isn’t a particular theme of ThinkFest, rather everyone who is presenting has done something that keeps our city moving in the right direction. (Perhaps even closer to Metrocards!)
ThinkFest is on November 14th at Drexel’s LeBow College of Business. Among the highlights:
- Superintendent William Hite reflects on what he’s learned and shares what he wants to do next
- Emma Fried-Cassorla, who founded Philly Love Notes, will tell an inspiring story about the power of positivity and how it changed her life
- Penn prez Amy Gutmann sits down with 6ABC anchor Jim Gardner to talk about what it’s like to be the city’s largest employer
- M. Night Shyamalan — Philly’s coolest celeb — and his equally impressive wife, Dr. Bhavna Shyamalan, discuss their unique take on creating leaders through philanthropy
- Flash performances curated by cutting-edge institution FringeArts
See the whole lineup and purchase tickets at phillymag.com/thinkfest.