Weekend Roundup: What to See the Last Weekend of GayFest!, Party at the Nude Beach, and More
Quince Productions‘ LGBT theater festival GayFest! may be entering its last few days, but, lucky for you, there are still several opportunities to catch a handful of its best productions before the lights go down.
Friday will be your last chance to catch local playwright Daniel Talbott’s trio of short plays, “You Know My Name,” Geoffrey Nauffts’s Next Fall, and the much-talked-about The Haunted Host, which festival director Rich Rubin says is America’s first full-length gay play. For more information about when these shows are playing, go here.
Saturday will see the close of Some Are People, Kathleen Warnock’s short play about two lesbians and a drag queen who congregate for an evening of revelations in a gay bar in Provincetown. Steven Fales’ one-man show Confessions of a Mormon Boy gets two showings on Saturday. The internationally acclaimed production focuses on Steven Fales (pictured) and his stories of excommunication, divorce, prostitution, and drugs. Showtimes for that show, and Some Are People are listed here.
Get out there and take in some theater. Give our only LGBT theater festival the send-off it deserves.
- Dark pop and bad-bitch hits are promised at Cruel Intentions XXX.
- Go all the way to Third Base at this month’s NSFW Dance Party.
- If you’re up for a drive, Philly-based clothing outfit TatteeBoy is hosting a Leo Bash at Sandy Hook nude beach. A little taste of what’s in store below.
- Weird Beard Revue is back with performances by Mistor Fahrenheit, Pissi Myles and one of this week’s picks for Man Crush Monday, Dan Callahan.
- Philly’s queer Latin@ dance party Candela Sabados throws a Graffiti House Party at Tabu.
- Venus X spins at Factory Girls.
- Lady Geisha and Rudy Flesher guest with Dr. Timaree at Sex with Timaree Live.
- Gay Bingo favorites Summer Clearance and Thunder Showers are hosting a drag show out in the burbs at Beagle Tavern.
This weekend roundup is brought to you by: