WEEKEND ROUNDUP: A 007 Cabaret, Pumpkin Palooza, Christopher Rice and More
The Bearded Ladies is back with a free, one-night-only performance of their popular 2012 show “Beards Are For Shaving: A 007 Cabaret.” The group — known for putting their own, queer slant on different pop culture gems — will perform outdoors, at 30th Street Station’s Philadelphia Porch, and offer free adult beverages to those who roll in early.
The free liquor won’t be the only thing you’ll want to sip on, though. The dashing John Jarboe, who plays 007, will have you swooning like a Bond Girl. Don’t believe me? Take a peek at this funny trailer of the show. But don’t let it fool you. The spoof is much more than a presentation of eye candy and giggles: It explores deeper themes, like gender and sexuality, while simultaneously showcasing synchronized dance numbers inspired by classic characters from the Bond series. Keep your fingers crossed for Pussy Galore! Fri., Oct. 18, 5:30 p.m. (show up starting at 4:30 p.m. for those free drinks), free, Philadelphia Porch at 30th Street Station.
- Timewarp yourself and your besties to a night of Rocky Horror goodness
- Kick off the end of the work week with Mr. and Ms. Leather
- Don’t miss Stranger By the Lake, one of the gay offerings at the Philly Film Festival
- Philadelphia Family Pride hosts its fourth annual Family Matters Conference
- Get crafty in the meadow
- Show your support for the Attic Youth Center at Pumpkin Palooza
- Catch another gay Philadelphia Film Fesitval offering, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
- Giovanni’s Room hosts New York Times bestseller Christopher Rice
- Get classy and bougie at the Philadelphia Gay Men’s Chorus’s Fall Ball Masquerade fundraiser
- Navaya Shay hosts the hilariously named It’s Britney, Brunch!!
- Passionate lesbian drama Blue is the Warmest Color premieres at the Philadelphia Film Festival
- NSFW party organizers have a classier affair under their sleeves: The Guild
- Drag yourself to the Three Ring Circus of Horror