WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Rally for Equality and Roll Up the Towels for a Sexy Phys. Ed Dance Party
What better way to start the weekend than with a Rally for Equality? This Sat., Sept. 28th at noon, folks will be gathering in Logan Square to do exactly that. Hosted by Marriage Equality for Pennsylvania (ME4PA), the Delaware Valley chapter of Americans United, Marriage Equality USA, The Summit, and the ACLU-PA, the event offers a great chance to add your voice to the battles for marriage equality that are happening in our state right now. And boy are there a lot. This week alone three cases were filed in Commonwealth court to challenge Pennsylvania’s ban on same-sex marriage.
To get you nice and pumped up, the afternoon will include a performance by the Pride Choir, and oration from some of our most outspoken pro-LGBT advocates, like State Rep Brian Sims, Executive Director of the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations Rue Landau and Brian Silva of Marriage Equality USA. Go gay!
- This phys. ed. dance party is not safe for work
- Cory Wade Hindorff is hosting a viewing party of the latest episode of Top Model at Tabu
- Brittany Lynn hosts Matchgame ’75 at Voyeur
- Oh My Hoodness promises to be the “ass shake party of the year”
- Go Back 2 School with iCandy
- “Trans” Movie Night w/ dessert hosted by UUCDC Interweave: LGBT & Friends
- Navigate the fear and hatred of aging at Widener University for day-long conference
- Celebrate Philly Aids Thrift’s eighth birthday at this “SO SO” block party
- SlutWalk Philly and Pussy Division present a march to end rape culture
- Perfect your queer voice at William Way’s Queer Writer’s Collective
- Enjoy a Thai dinner and a show with starlets Anita Mann, Karyn Thomas, and special guest Gracie Freebush
- Things are going to get hairy at Tabu Lounge’s “Bearlesque”
- South Philly homos will converge at the Singing Fountain for this month’s QOTA
- The Attic Youth Center remembers “The Night Beyoncé Kissed Me” at Plays and Players
- Giovanni’s Room presents “The F Word”
- Now that Saturday is over it’s time for Funday at Tabu
- A perfect Sunday night — drinks and showtunes
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to [email protected].