DO THIS: Visit Gay Philly’s Public Art Photo Contest
Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Organization (GPTMC) subgroup Visit Gay Philly is hosting a Public Art Photo Contest, where the prize is a “free, art-filled getaway in the Gayborhood.” I know, I know, you’re thinking this sounds like a regular Friday night, but don’t jump to conclusions till you see the fab prizes:
- A two-night stay in the Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- $250 to spend at Barbuzzo, Jamonera, Little Nonna’s or Lolita
- Family memberships to The Barnes Foundation, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Penn Museum, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Not too shabby, huh? President and CEO Meryl Meryl Levitz explains why she started the contest: “With the rise of photo-sharing apps like Instagram, we know that people are photographing their way through life – and sharing it. We want to use that energy to show off Philadelphia’s amazing public arts scene.” Everything’s up for grabs, she says — from murals and sculptures to gardens and even paintings in area museums (if you get permission to snap them.) Here’s how to submit:
- Submit a photo of public art in the Philadelphia region via this Facebook tab or by tagging your photo on Instagram or Twitter with #VisitGayPhillyArtContest. You can submit as many different photos as you like.
- Write a short caption about the art in the photo and add #VisitGayPhillyArtContest to your caption.
- Then you and all of your friends can vote for your favorite photo.
The contest ends on Sept. 26, and by the lackluster show of participation so far, it’s looking like your chances of winning are pretty high. Get to snappin’!
Stay abreast of Philly LGBT news and entertainment via our weekly newsletter. Sign up here.