Turns Out Semen Doesn’t Have As Much Protein As Everyone Thought
You’ve heard all the jokes about how high in protein semen is, but it turns out that was just a clever rouse your boyfriend used to get you to do you know what. It can, however be quite good for your skin. How do I know this? Today, Jezebel published “A Complete Breakdown of the Nutritional Content of Semen” to let all you swallowing types know what you’re actually ingesting. Here are a few highlights from their findings:
- A typical ejaculation—with an average volume of 3.4 ml—contains less than 1 calorie. Just like Diet Coke!
- You’d have to drink nearly 4 oz. (a half cup) of semen to match the protein of one egg white.
- Another rumor is that there is as much vitamin C in human semen as in an orange. … It is completely untrue.
- Semen does have an awful lot of zinc in it (3% of U.S. RDA), which is believed to be an antioxidant and slows down the aging process of skin and muscles.
Read the rest of Jezebel’s nutritional breakdown, here, to find out how they came up with these numbers, and then take a gander at the comments for a good giggle.
Follow G Philly on:
Have gay news you’d like to share with G Philly? Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- [Image]: https://www.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/semen-nutritional-content.png
- A Complete Breakdown of the Nutritional Content of Semen: http://jezebel.com/a-complete-breakdown-of-the-nutritional-content-of-seme-953356816
- here: http://jezebel.com/a-complete-breakdown-of-the-nutritional-content-of-seme-953356816
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/g_philly
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPhillyMag
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/gphilly_gay
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/GPhillyMag/boards/
- email@example.com: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/08/07/turns-semen-protein-thought/
Copyright ©2019 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.