Poll: Most Pennsylvanians Support Gay Marriage

The Keystone Politics blog notes that a new Franklin and Marshall College Poll shows that 38 percent of state residents “strongly favor” gay marriage, with another 16 percent “somewhat” favoring that stance—together, a 54 percent majority of residents behind the idea of marriage equality. A somewhat smaller majority favors amending the state constitution to do so.

Keystone observes: “The interesting thing about this is that when the question gets more specific with regards to changing our constitution, a few marriage equality supporters waffle (~3%) — but the exciting thing about this is that, seemingly for the first time, Pennsylvanians are now in favor of amending our constitution to guarantee the rights of same-sex couples, by a 10-point margin.”