Lineup for Ladyfest 2013 Announced
Ladyfest is returning to Philadelphia this year for the first time since 2003. Taking place in West Philly, the three-day arts and music festival is a grassroots event “dedicated to the artistic, organizational and political work of women, trans, genderqueer, intersex and queer people, as well as their allies.” Proceeds from tickets sales will go directly to women-in-need-aiding Philly orgs Women in Transition and SAFE Home.
This week, the schedule was announced, and it includes musical performances and workshops led by artists from all over the country — from New York (Attia Taylor) and Baltimore (Big Mouth) to Chicago (Blizzard Babies) and, of course, Philly (Amanda X). You can check out the entire list after the jump.
- US Girls
- Screaming Females
- Potty Mouth
- Void Vision
- Aye Nako
- In School
- Peeple Watchin’
- Black Wine
- Shady Hawkins
- Whore Paint
- Attia Taylor
- Trophy Wife
- Blizzard Babies
- Big Mouth
- Amanda X
- Ghost Ship
- Kate Ferencz
- Amps, Pedals and PAs: Demystifying Electronics with Girls Rock Philly
- The Stop Motion Stomp Station
- Drumline with Girls Rock Philly
- Urban Gardening at Plotland
- Winging It: Nurturing Authentic Communication in Feminist Organizing with For the Birds
- Sexual Communication and Consent with Dr. Justine Marie Shuey (Juicy Justine)
- Drawing Autobio Comics with Liz Prince and Ramsey Beyer
- Abortion, Menstrual Extraction, and the MVA
- Self Defense: From Eye Contact to Eye Poking
- Readings by Liz Prince, Suzy X, Annie Mok, Kerri Radley, Katie Haegele and Jes Skolnik
- Queer and Trans Yoga with shay and Qui
- Fix-A-Flat with the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Herbal Infusions and Tinctures
- Victim-Blaming in the Media: What It Is & What You Can Do About It with Tara Murtha
- Project SAFE: What’s It All About?
- Youth, Activism and the Arts
- Radical Printmaking: Pulling the Personal and the Political with Leah Girardo
Ladyfest takes place June 7-9 at various venues in West Philadelphia. For more info and to purchase tickets, go to ladyfestphilly.com.
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to email@example.com.