Tonight: Stand Up with Sampson McCormick
There’s no better way to start a weekend than with a good deep-down-in-your-gut guffaw. Lucky for us, gay standup comedian Sampson McCormick’s rolling through town tonight to perform his latest comedy special, “No Tea, No Shade.” The award-winning funny man/writer/activist/babe has a knack for taking on serious issues — everything from coming out to gay conversion therapy to the realities of the black, gay porn industry — and infusing them with comedy, reminding us that no matter how crappy things may seem, the best medicine will always be a good dose of giggle. 7 p.m.-9 p.m., $10, William Way Community Center, 1315 Spruce St.
ALSO HAPPENING TONIGHT
- Before you see Sampson, stop by the gallery at William Way to see which local artists made the cut in the Center’s eighth-annual Juried Art Exhibition
- This fish fry for Philly Black Gay Pride will be a blast and, duh, delicious
- Like I mentioned this week, first Night Out with Sebastian & Storey starts tonight
- I’ll give you three guesses to figure out what’s happening at Tucks, Tassels and Tits
- Sisters is having another First Floor Party with hot ladies and drink specials galore
- Have you had a chance to see Miss Richfield 1981 yet? This is your second to last night to do it.
- Edith Can Shoot Things and Hit Them is just getting warmed up in Old City
- It’s Frat House Fridays — St. Patty’s style — at ICandy
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.