Monday Kickstarter: Lady Gaga’s Sexy Big-Screen Debut
I trolled the web for news all weekend so you wouldn’t have to. Happy Martin Luther King and inauguration day!
- David Hall, an airman and ROTC cadet who was discharged under Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, will be honored at today’s inauguration ceremonies. —The Advocate
- Leading Republican mayoral candidate Joe Lhota officially kicked off his campaign Friday with a declaration that he supports marriage equality. “He’s fiscally conservative, but … favors marriage equality. He said he would perform a same-sex marriage if asked.” —Joe. My. God.
- Transgender priest Shannon T.L. Kearns was ordained by The North American Old Catholic Church. —LGBTQ Nation
- Conservative LGBTQ political group GOProud finally decides to support same-sex marriage. Welcome to the party, y’all. —Gay Star News
- New Mexico may become a gay-marriage state before the year’s out. —Queerty
- Rhode Island, too, if this Episcopal bishop has anything to do with it. —Providence Journal
- Forget about that Dreamliner mess. Boeing announced it has changed its mind about denying pension survivor benefits to same-sex couples. —Pink News
- The cast of Glee may be stepping in to sing Lady Gaga’s “Edge of Glory” at today’s inauguration ceremonies, but sources say the Queen Monster herself will perform a more-intimate post-inauguration show for White House staff. —The Advocate
- Speaking of Gaga, the release date for her big-screen debut in Machete Kills is set for September 13. —Gay Star News
- Pink released a back-stage video of her rehearsing for the upcoming The Truth About Love tour. She’s playing Philly’s Wells Fargo Center on March 17.
- Fashion blogger Bryanboy claims Kanye West is gay and in a relationship with Givenchy fashion designer Riccardo Tisci. Nice choice, Kanye! —Entertainment Wise
- Glee’s Mark Salling (aka Puck) has been sued for forcing his girlfriend to have bare-back sex. Ouch. —DListed
- Ermagerd, Zac Efron was photographed with a bunch of dildos! —New York Post
- Justin Beiber mooned Twitter! —DListed
- Philly Pride announced it will begin a new Winter Pride in February. —Philadelphia Gay News
- Drag queens Satine Harlow and Brooklyn Floyd make an important YouTube announcement.
- Brittany Lynn follows said announcement with some shade.
- Local drag cabaret stalwart Martha Graham Cracker killed it Saturday night at Joe’s Pub in NYC. Check back later for photos and a recap.