9 Cold-Weather Dates to Heat Up Your Love Life
Dear Monica, What can couples do in Philly to beat the winter blues? —K.K., Philadelphia
Winter in Philly can be the most exciting and romantic time of the year. Just because the holiday season and all of its good cheer is over, does not mean that the fun is over. Here are a few ideas that couples can enjoy together in the ice and snow.
- The Philadelphia Auto Show opens January 19th. Seeing the latest and greatest out of Detroit and beyond will get you excited to be out on the road once the snow melts.
- Camden’s Adventure Aquarium delights all ages. You can enjoy sea life and wild life within the warm confines of the aquarium. My personal favorite is the shark tunnel.
- Ice skating at Penn’s Landing is the closest thing Philly has to Rockefeller Center. Cozy up with hats, gloves, hot chocolate and your sweetie.
- First Friday is a must. Whether you are an art lover or not, if the weather is above freezing, stroll along Old City’s art scene to take in all of the sights and sounds while enjoying some culture.
- Speaking of culture, the Ben Franklin Parkway offers the best of the best. Start with the Philadelphia Museum of Art and work your way down to the Rodin Museum and the new Barnes Foundation. I suggest you split this up over a few visits! There is so much to take in.
- Philadelphia has great theater. My personal favorite is the Walnut Street Theatre. Also check out the Forrest, the Wilma and the Suzanne Roberts Theater.
- For laughs, I suggest Helium Comedy Club on Sansom Street. First grab a burger at Village Whiskey and if you are still hungry, a late night shake at Shake Shack.
- For a little R& R, book massages at Toppers Spa. This is a perfect snowy day respite.
- My last suggestion arrives March 2nd through March 10th, the world-renowned Philadelphia Flower Show. This will help you make the transition to spring in good form. Your senses will be overwhelmed with beautiful sights and smells.