Home: Covet: Haute Seat
Five reasons why you should invest in this chair from über-designer/architect Eero Saarinen:
1) When something has retained its cool for half a century, the only way to make it cooler is to finish it in platinum, as Knoll recently did to commemorate its 50th anniversary.
2) You’d be buying local: Knoll built its first factory (now its headquarters) in Montco in 1941.
3) Even if you have no idea who Saarinen is, you can appreciate his idea to, as he said, “clear up the slum of legs” under typical tables, and therefore:
4) Your purchase of the elegant, holistic design — along with its similarly shaped tables — is an utterly necessary step toward mellowing the chaos in your kitchen … or dining room … or living room.
5) You’ve always known you belong on a pedestal.