WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Gay July 4th BBQ, GI Jane Sleepover Party, Tennis Fundraiser, and Red, White, and OOOOH!
Is there any better (gay) way to celebrate America this weekend than with a classic burlesque? Red, White, and OOOOH is the July 5th show by the Liberty City Kings Drag & Burlesque, and it’s serving everything classic about America. Think apple pie, baseball, and Marilyn Monroe… with a little bit of kink.
What makes this show even more special is that this is one of the last chances to see the incomparable Notorious OMG before he sashays out of the spotlight. Once the show is over, you can dance the night away with the award-winning cast. Bonus: If you come dressed in kink, you get a small discount for entry. Hey: it’s hard out there! Every dollar counts! If you’re not looking for fireworks this weekend, head to this kinky show at Tabu instead. July 5-6, 8:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m., $10 (in drag/kink/costume) or $12 (regular admission), Tabu.
- U Bar will be hosting The Big, Gay 4th of July BBQ with delicious food, and specialty cocktails that will make this holiday one to remember.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, which means it’s time for another Venture Inn Sleepover Party. The theme for this one is G.I. Jane. Think military wear (or PJs if you want), push ups, and arm wrestling contests.
- Tabu’s 4th of July celebration is a bit hairier than the others. Don’t miss Red, White, and Bear, the dance party with the fuzziest boys around.
- Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret is just in time with Red, White, & OOOOH (see above for more information).
- Head out to a the Breakfast at Westbury Bar in support of The Philadelphia Open, an LGBT tennis event. While you’re there, enjoy the men’s final in Wimbleton, raffles, jello shots, and more.