WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Philadelphia Black Gay Pride Begins
Philly Black Gay Pride (PBGP) gets a soft launch this weekend with A Night in Rio, a pageant show at the Adrienne Theater to find Mr. and Mrs. Black Gay Pride 2014. The rest of the festivities, themed “Love, Laugh, Live,” continue through Sunday, April 27th with a variety of events to celebrate black culture.
PBGP Vice President D’Ontace Keyes is practically jumping off the walls from excitement over his first year at the helm of the event, telling us that, “This year’s celebration marks the evolution of Philly Black Pride. The events are better, the marketing is more appealing, and there is something for everyone day and night.”
This PBGP week marks the 15th anniversary. For a lineup of the week’s event, go here. Who says the fun has to end on Sunday? April 20th-27th, various times, locations, and prices.
- Celebrate Queer Passover with William Way.
- Don’t miss MASHUP, April’s Stimulus, at Voyeur.
- This month’s iteration of Icon Ebony-Fierce’s Freak Boutique benefits William Way.
- Sex with Timaree is turning up with The Notorious OMG, and all of the best sex-ed bits.
- The Weird Beard Revue is bringing Girl Power with a touch of scruff to L’etage.
- Fame Lust presents Cruel Intentions XXVI: Godless Goddesses.
- The Factory Girls are back with guest DJ Juliana Huxtable.
- Famed queer party producer Henri David and LGBT-centric Philadelphia Freedom Band will lead the 83rd Easter Promenade Down South Street.
- All are welcome to the Broad Street Ministry’s Easter Sunday Worship
- For you nighttime dancefloor worshippers: Clubhaus is back at Dolphin Tavern.
- Looking for more Easter weekend events? Our sister blog Ticket rounds up more of those here.