Rooster Soup Company’s Chef Has Flown the Coop
Erin O’Shea/RSC Facebook
After 12 years with CookNSolo, Erin O’Shea — opening chef at Percy Street BBQ and, more recently, Rooster Soup Company — has left Steve Cook and Mike Solomonov’s restaurant empire to “pursue other interests”, according to the group’s rep.
Co-founder Steve Cook on O’Shea’s departure:
“Mike and I worked with Erin for twelve years and we are very sad to see her go. She’s done tremendous things for our company. We’ve grown together, and through her talent, dedication and a ton of heart, she set us up for success and dreaming big at Rooster. We will miss her but her presence will be felt in the standards of warmth and hospitality that she brought to work every day.”
Her menu at Rooster (less than five months old) garnered some national attention from both GQ — which named it one of the 10 best new restaurants in America — and Food & Wine — which called it one of 2017’s Restaurants of the Year. Filling in are co-chefs Jarrett O’Hara, O’Shea’s sous and righthand, and Mike Ran, formerly of Zahav. The seasonally rotating soup section (now on the menu: summertime gazpacho) will be under the command of Federal Donuts chef Matt Fein.
Oh, and remember the Yemenite Chicken Pot Pie? You know, the one they took off the menu after GQ and F&W sang its praises? It’s back on the menu as a Dinner Blue Plate special.
Updated menu here:
Rooster Soup Company [Foobooz]
- [Image]: https://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/2017/06/02/rooster-soup-companys-chef-has-flown-the-coop/
- Rooster Soup Company: https://www.phillymag.com/restaurant/rooster-soup-company/
- which named it one of the 10 best new restaurants in America: https://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/2017/04/24/unicorn-starbucks-logans-run-mcdonalds-rooster-soup-best-restaurant/#more-3278299
- which called it one of 2017’s Restaurants of the Year: https://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/2017/05/04/food-wine-rooster-soup-restaurants-of-the-year/
- [Image]: https://www.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/06/rsc_menu-dragged.pdf
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/2017/06/02/rooster-soup-companys-chef-has-flown-the-coop/
Copyright ©2018 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.