Philly Beer Week To Send Lucky Winner to Belgium to Brew
On Thursday, November 17th, Philly Beer Week’s annual raffle to send a winner and brewer to brew the official Philly Beer Week Collaboration beer will take place at City Tap House Logan Square.
This year, the collaboration beer will be brewed with De Struise Brouwers and head brewer Urbain Coutteau. One beer lover will get to travel to Oostvleteren, Belgium, accompanied by the local brewer of their choice. They’ll also be joined by Tom Peters of Monk’s Cafe who will tour them around Belgium, visiting its most storied breweries and bars.
Raffle tickets can be purchased online or at City Tap House’s Logan Square location between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., when the drawing will be held.
In addition to the Grand Prize of the brewing trip to Belgium, other prizes include:
- A Brew Day at Tröegs Independent Brewing in Hershey, PA. This prize package will include: a private tour of the brewery, with a chance to brew with Tim Mayhew; complimentary food and beer, plus a $50 gift card for use on merchandise and swag.
- This year’s third-place winner will receive two complimentary tickets to Philly Beer Week’s marquee event, Opening Tap 2017.
Tickets are $6 each or 4 for $20; when purchased, the entrant chooses among a list of participating local brewers to accompany them in the event that they win. Winners need not be present to win, but must have a valid passport to travel.
Participating local breweries and brewers on this year’s ballot listed below:
- 2SP – Bob Barrar
- Cape May Brewing – Ryan Krill
- Conshohocken – Andrew Horne
- Dock Street – Vince DesRosiers
- Double Nickel – Drew Perry
- Evil Genius – Trevor Hayward
- Evolution Brewing – Mike Piorunski
- Fegley’s Brew Works – Mike Wieboldt
- Flying Fish – Barry Holstein
- Forest & Main – Gerald Olson
- Iron Hill – Andrew Johnston
- Lancaster Brewing – Mark Braunwarth
- Levante – Tim Floros
- Manayunk Brewing – Evan Fritz
- Philadelphia Brewing Company – Ben Schamberg
- River Horse Brewing – Chris Rakow
- ShawneeCraft – Devin Vogel
- Ship Bottom – Robert Zarko
- Sly Fox – Brian O’Reilly
- Sole Artisan Ales – Joe Percoco
- Saint Benjamin – Andrew Foss
- Stable 12 – Mike Deger
- Sterling Pig – Brian McConnell
- Stoudt’s – Jack Sweeney
- Troegs – Tim Mayhew
- Victory – Dennis Leonard
- Weyerbacher – Scott Bicksler
- Wyndridge Farm – Pete Koelsch
Philly Beer Week [Official]