Nick’s Old City Rolls Out Brunch
Once upon a time I thought the build-your-own Bloody Mary bar was one of the most ridiculous concepts out there. The reason I went out for brunch was because I didn’t want to be involved in the Bloody Mary process. I just needed the vitamins (and vodka) in my body ASAP. But as I’ve matured, I’ve come to enjoy the nearly endless possibilities of a well-stocked Bloody Mary bar. And there’s a new build-your-own Bloody Mary bar in town.
At the rebranded Nick’s Bar & Grille (formerly Nick’s Roast Beef) in Old City, you can get a custom-built start to your weekend for just $6. Nick’s is offering up the neighborhood’s newest brunch with their new in-house smoked meats, bacon-beef burgers and other twists to the brunch routine.
Owner Joseph “Joe Dog” Schultice has been reworking the longstanding Nick’s on 2nd Street and for the first time in the 47-year history of Nick’s, that means brunch.
Brunch Highlight’s at Nick’s Bar & Grille
- Hot Sausage and Long Hot Omelette with sharp provolone – $9.50
- Loaded BBQ Tots with smothered tots, jalapeno ranch, in-house smoked pulled pork, topped with two fried eggs – $10.00
- Nick’s Huevos Rancheros with in-house smoked pulled pork, fried eggs, refried beans, tortillas, house-made salsa – $10.00
- Breakfast BLT Club with bacon, fried eggs nestled inside, tomatoes, lettuce and chipotle mayo – $10.00
- Bloody Mary Burger with signature ground bacon and beef burger, blue cheese, bloody mary spiced ketchup, green olives – $9.50 8 ounce, $7.00 sliders
- Breakfast Burger with with signature ground bacon and beef burger, American cheese, fresh fried egg – $9.50
- Breakfast Cheesesteak with crumbled bacon, choice of cheese, fried eggs – $9.50
- Rotating Share Plates that will change every weekend and are sized for two to four people.
- Italian coffee with Amaretto and Frangelico, topped with whipped and hazelnut cinnamon – $7.00
Irish coffee with Jameson, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with Creme de Menthe – $7.00
More on the Bloody Mary Bar
The build-your-own Bloody Mary starts with Nick’s house-made mix, Tito’s Vodka and from there, you get your freak on:
Choice of Rim
- Old Bay
- Bacon Dust
- Stuffed Olives
- Pretzel Rods
- Extra Horseradish
- Extra Tabasco
- Extra Worcestershire Sauce
* All options are included in the $6 price except the shrimp and bacon. Those add-ons are a dollar extra.
Bloody Mary slips will be available throughout the bar, customers can hand them right to any bartender or server.
Nick’s Bar & Grille [Foobooz]