Brigantessa Welcomes Spring with New Menu Items
You may have noticed a trend going on here—lots of Philly restaurants are changing up their menus for spring.
Well, after a trip to southern Italy, the Brigantessa team is joining the party with their new Puglia, Basilicata, and Campania-inspired menu. Here’s the list of new spring dishes that chef de cuisine Julia Robinson and chef-owner Joe Cicala have created:
- Grilled mozzarella in citrus leaves with roasted pepper gratinati
- Lobster crudo with salmon roe, crispy fennel, and blue basil
- Spanish makerel a scapece with orange, olives, chili and celery leaves
- Antipasto “Della Casa” with seasonal sformati, mixed olives with orange peel and rosemary, stracciatella, cardoncelli mushrooms
- Vegetable ash caserecci tossed with spring vegetables, ramp pesto, and cacioricotta
- Blood Orange-Infused Spaghetti with sea urchin, Maine lobster and Fresno chile
- Wood oven-braised goat in pignata with carrots, cipollini onions and potatoes baked in a terracotta covered by a Neopolitan crust
- Wagyu ribeye grilled on a lava stone, served with charred spring onions, long hots, and mosto cotto
They’ve also added a seasonal pizza, Primavera, with mozzarella di bufala, ramps, prosciutto, and Meyer lemon.