Fast Casual Update: Free Wine at Snap, Honeygrow Sets Reopening Date
Since we rolled out our Fast Casual Tracker late last year to track the hot fast-casual concepts coming out of Philadelphia we’ve seen a whirlwind of activity. Of course there was the announcement that Urban Outfitters purchased Marc Vetri’s restaurants but also the ambitious plans of Snap Custom Pizza and Honeygrow’s continued growth.
We’ve recently updated the tracker and also made some changes, for one a concept has to have at least a second location announced before it is added (sorry Buena Onda and Scratch Biscuit).
And here are some other notes about Philadelphia’s fast-casual scene:
- Honeygrow’s original 16th location will reopen on Monday, March 21st.
- On Wednesdays, Snap Custom Pizza offers free glasses of wine at its Center City store with the purchase of a pizza after 5 p.m.
- Fuel owner Rocco Cima is looking to franchise his sub-500 calorie healthy food concept. Cima is looking to open 50 franchises over the next five years.
- We just told you about Hai Street Kitchen’s food truck yesterday but that’s hardly all of the news. Hai Street just opened in New York and look for a location in the expanded King of Prussia Mall this summer.
- Pizzeria Vetri’s Washington D.C. address has been revealed. Look for the URBN backed pizzeria to open at 2221 14th Street Northwest this June.
Fast Casual Tracker [Foobooz]