The Fat Ham Turns Two with Revamped Menu and Wingaversary
The Fat Ham, Kevin Sbraga’s University City Southern comfort food restaurant is turning two on Wednesday, December 9th and he’s celebrating with a night of wings. Sbraga will be offering offering a variety of wings including:
- Country Captain Wings with curry and Chow Chow aioli
- Lavender Honey Wings with pink peppercorn
- Salsa Verde Wings with smoked green tomato and pork rinds
- Mustard BBQ Wings with mustard, hickory, and brown sugar
The six wings go for $7.50 during the celebration, they’ll normally be $10.
The wings aren’t just a one night pop-up as they’re being added to the Fat Ham’s menu. In addition to the wings section, the expanded menu will also have a slider section. “Our sliders have always been received positively at events around town,” Sbraga says. “Let’s give guests what they like. I also want to offer additional menu options so diners can come in and enjoy smaller Southern snacks as an alternative to a full dinner.” Among the new sliders:
- Wagyu Beef Slider with pimento cheese
- Pulled Pork Slider with sweet BBQ and fried shallots
- Smoked Brisket Slider with white BBQ and sweet onions.
Capitalizing on Sbraga’s recent opening of Sbraga & Company in Jacksonville, Florida, the time down south has given the Sbraga team a chance to expand the Fat Ham’s menu. Other new menu items include:
- Seasonal Squash Dumplings with Granny Smith apple, and toasted pecans
- Poached Shrimp with Bibb lettuce and deviled egg dressing
- Potato Salad with arugula, pistou, and olives
The Fat Ham [Foobooz]