Morgan’s Pier Is Keeping It Going Through Fall
Labor Day has come and gone but Morgan’s Pier is keeping things interesting down on the Delaware River. The bar and restaurant remains open through Halloween and is adding some new programming to keep people heading to the riverfront.
Chef-in-residence Nick Elmi is creating a new fall menu; the venue will also be hosting Popeapalooza while Pope Francis is in town; Philadelphia chefs will be making appearances as part of a guest chef series; and after a transformation of the space into Fall Fest, the outdoor season will end with a Halloween bash on Saturday, October 31st.
Elmi is promising a menu of fall-friendly dishes that will take advantage of Morgan’s Pier’s outdoor grill. The bar will also be tweaking their offerings, say goodbye to Hell or High Watermelon and hello to a beer list that balances Oktoberfest and pumpkin offerings.
Popeapalooza will run from September 25th to 27th. There will be Pope Francis-inspired menu items and all-day specials like $3 Yuengling Lagers and $4 Victory Fest beers. Perfect for pilgrims and locals avoiding the Pope Box. Additionally, for every customer who attends, a dollar will go to charities that reflect the pope’s values and causes. Those charities are:
- Francis Fund, a special fund in honor of Pope Francis’ visit, used to meet concrete needs of people in the region who are struggling with hunger, homelessness, and poverty
- Mil Mujeres, an organization that provides direct legal services in the area of immigration law to low-income survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- PennEnvironment, a nonprofit aimed at raising awareness of environmental issues within Pennsylvania.
After the Pope, the next four weekends will bring in well known local chefs Michael Solomonov, Joe Cicala, Jeremy Nolen and Jason Cichonski to the Pier. Each will be taking over the kitchen and collaborating with Elmi for their own backyard barbeque.
- October 3, 4 – Joe Cicala: Brigantessa, Le Virtu
- October 10, 11 – Michael Solomonov: Zahav, Abe Fisher, Dizengoff, Federal Donuts, Percy Street
- October 17, 18 – Jeremy Nolen: Brauhaus Schmitz, Whetstone Tavern
- October 24, 25 – Jason Cichonski: Ela, The Gaslight, 1100 Social
Reserve your tables now at www.morganspier.com.
Morgan’s Pier’s season will come to an end with an open bar costume party on Halloween, Saturday, October 31st. Guests can order drinks including anything from well up to premium shelf until the inventory runs out. Entry is $30 with a costume or $40 without. Tickets go on sale Thursday, October 1.
Throughout Fall Fest, the Pier will also host pumpkin carving on weekends, Sunday kids tailgates, complimentary cornhole games, as well as no-cover DJs on Friday and Saturday nights and weekend-days.
Morgan’s Pier [Facebook]