It’s Friday the Firkinteenth at the Grey Lodge
For the second month in a row we’ve been graced with a Friday the Thirteenth, which of course means two straight months of Friday the Firkinteenth at the Grey Lodge. For the uninitiated, that means a cask ale festival at the Northeast Philadelphia beer bar. The festival is broken into two sessions, a daytime session starting at noon, and an evening session kicking off at 6 pm.
There is only one more Friday the Firkinteenth this year (November), and in even worse news, only one in all of 2016.
There’s never a cover but it is cash only.
Tentative firkin lineup
Day Session noon to 6pm
- Cape May Turtle Gut
- Evil Genius Mango Wit
- Flying Fish Lemon Ginger Summerfish (Farmhouse with lemon, ginger, and honey)
- Heavy Seas Cross Bones Session IPA with citra, simoce, and amarillo
- Long Trail Stand Out Pale Ale, dry hopped with citra brewed with citra and the new and elusive Equinox hop
- Neshaminy Creek Cream Ale cask conditioned straight up
- Philly Pennsy Pale Ale extra loaded up with hops
- Prism Raspberry ParTea Pale Ale
- Round Guys Fear of a Brett Planet with tequila soaked oak chips.
- Sly Fox Seamus, dry hopped with some of our own “estate grown hops” from the brewery. Either Chinook or Cascade.
- Stoudts Mango APA
- Troegs Javahead Stout
- Yards Grapefruit Philly Pale Ale
Night Session 6pm to midnight
- Boaks Flamethrower Belgian Wheat Beer with Asian & Mexican flair
- Conshohocken Single Hop Centennial
- Dock Street West of Center Pale Ale with citra
- Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA
- Duck Rabbit Oatmeal Oyster Stout
- Free Will Mango Wheat, with mangoes and Brux
- Helltown Purgatory
- Ithaca Flower Power, dry hopped wtih citra & orange peel
- Manayunk Clutch Peanut Butter Porter
- Naked JalapeÃ±o Bizzness Saison, aged with jalapeno peppers, not too overpowering with heat, but nice jalapeno flavor
- St. Benjamin Inca, dry hopped with simcoe and Amarillo.
Grey Lodge [Foobooz]