A.kitchen Adds “The Chef’s Counter” Menu
Starting tonight, Monday, January 19th, chef Eli Kulp and chef de cuisine Jon Nodler are debuting “The Chef’s Counter” menu at a.kitchen. Touted as an interactive new tasting dinner, the menu is served at the 12-seat marble counter surrounding the Rittenhouse Square restaurant’s open kitchen. For $60 per person, a multi-course tasting menu highlighting a.kitchen’s hardwood charcoal grill will be offered. An optional beverage pairing from sommelier Mariel Wega will also be offered.
Kulp, a happy Seattle Seahawks fan, says the dinner is “designed to be a one-of-a-kind experience inspired by Japanese Omakase tradition, wherein guests leave it to the chef to have a memorable meal and highlight ingredients at the peak of their season.” Guests will be able to chat with the kitchen team as they watch the cooks grill, smoke and char dishes in front of them.
Dishes that will make appearances at the chef’s counter:
- Smoked Pemaquid Oyster from Damariscotta, ME, with grilled lime and hot sauce;
- Surf Clam with persimmon-buttermilk, meyer lemon and poppy seed
- Ash-Baked Potato with smoked crème fraîche, American caviar and buckwheat
- Squid with mushroom ragu, ginger-scallion and Lancaster peanut
- Sunchoke Porridge with bacon fat, almonds, grilled sunchoke and scallop
- Dry-Aged Squab with Merv’s celery, preserved plum and salsify
- Hopped Yogurt Sorbet with sunflower seed cream, smoked malt cereal and dried apple.
Beverage pairings will include rare and unusual wines from a.kitchen’s rare and unusual wines, as well as specialty cocktails and even artisanal teas.