BIG A$@ Brunch at City Tap House
Head over to the City Tap House in University City on Sunday, November 9th from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. for a Big A$@ Brunch after a long a$@ weekend.
Celebrating the release of DuClaw Colossus, a high-gravity hybrid beer, City Tap House will be hosting a massive brunch that will include a slew of brews (at least four high-gravity beers on tap) and a menu of giant-sized brunch items from Chef Chad Vetter.
Some of the other DuClaw beers that will be available during the Colossus Brunch will include:
- Retribution – a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout that is released each October with dark chocolate, coffee, smoky malt and dark fruit notes
- Neon Gypsy – a medium-bodied IPA with grapefruit and citrus flavors and hints of pine from seven different varieties of hops
- Sweet Baby Jesus – a chocolate-peanut butter porter with rich flavors of chocolate, coffee and peanut butter balanced by a subtle hop character
- Devil’s Milk 2013 and 2014 – a medium-bodied barleywine that is brewed with a different blend of hops each year for varying flavors
- Bare Ass Blonde – a smooth, drink-able blonde ale with light malt flavor, mild hop character and a crisp, refreshing, fruity finish
- Dirty Little Freak – a coconut-caramel-chocolate brown ale warm, roasted malt notes complementing the coconut, caramel and chocolate flavors
Giant-sized brunch items that will be served will include:
- Yard Bird & Waffles – deep fried half chicken, with buttermilk waffles, coffee stout syrup and honey thyme butter
- French Toast Croque – fried egg, with French toast brioche bun, shaved Benton’s ham and maple béchamel
- Chop ‘n Eggs – country fried twin pork chops, with fried eggs, potato hash and country gravy
- Pizza Smash, – Cantimpalo chorizo, with sausage gravy, potato hash, fresno peppers, cheddar cheese, mozzarella and fried eggs
Although dishes will range from $22 to $24, the size of the food will probably make up for pricey-ness. Reservations for the brunch are strongly recommended and can be made by calling (215) 662-0105.
City Tap House – University City [Foobooz]