DIY Down the Shore: Peter Serpico’s Grilled Sesame Shrimp
It’s been a long day at the beach and you’re craving seafood. Something simple, but which will still impress whoever you’re serving. Which is exactly why this recipe is perfect.
Peter Serpico of South Street’s Serpico has you covered with his grilled sesame shrimp with corn and tomatoes. It’s a surefire crowd-pleaser, and a dish even those inexperienced in the kitchen can tackle. So take advantage of the ocean’s bounty and take this recipe with you the next time you go down the shore.
Grilled sesame shrimp with corn and tomatoes
4pc 16-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 ears corn shucked and cut off the Cobb
10 pc cherry tomatoes, assorted sizes
1 T white miso
1 t butter
1/4 jalapeño, de-seeded, small dice
1 T chopped scallion
8 leaves Italian Parsley
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 T white sesame seeds
– Cover shrimp with oil.
– Press white sesame seeds on them.
– Season with salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper. (More if you like spice and less if you don’t.) – Grill over medium high heat until shrimp are done.
– Place a small sauté pan over the grill and roast corn over high heat giving it a small amount of color.
– Add 2 oz of water to deglaze the pan.
– Add the rest of your ingredients and serve when the cherry tomatoes are warmed through.
DIY Down The Shore [f8b8z]