Born Catherine McCoy in Ireland, She and “Pa” (William) opened Bell in Hand Tavern in 1860. Somehow everyone called the bar McGillin’s and that name stuck. They raised their thirteen children upstairs. In 1901 Pa died and Ma continued to run the bar on her own until she passed. Then her daughter sold the bar to the Spaniak/Mullins family, who still owns it.
That free baked potato is served with butter and sour cream. Real bacon bits available upon request.
More history of McGillin’s [McGillin’s Olde Ale House]