Ashton Cigar Bar Moves Towards September Opening
After a year-and-a-half a cigar bar is set to return to Walnut Street. Holt’s Cigar Company’s Robert Levin plus his son and daughter are preparing to open Ashton Cigar Bar above Holt’s, in the former home of Mahogany on Walnut. Named for Holt’s proprietary brand of cigars, Ashton promises to be a luxurious oasis for cigar lovers.
The bar will offer a selection of 200 different cigars as well as a choice of 200 whiskeys, signature cocktails and a state-of-the-art air purification system. Levin stresses that the bar will be attractive to non-smokers in addition to cigar aficionados.
The bar will open in September with a completely overhauled interior that will feature an 18-seat white marble bar surrounded by high-top tables. Guests can also choose leather-upholstered lounge seating and club chairs as well as leather sofas. A floor-to-ceiling view of Walnut Street provides light throughout the second floor space.
General Manager David Marks has compiled a list of more than 300 spirits, six draught beers and twenty more in bottles. A rotating selection of eight to 10 wines will also be offered by the glass.
Signature cocktails will include:
- The Ashton Martini, Grey Goose Vodka served ice-cold, seasoned with Balvenie 12-Year Old Doublewood single malt scotch and garnished with sharp provolone stuffed olives
- Mi Amor Mojito, Zaya 12-year old estate rum, fresh lemon, honey, mint leaves and a splash of club soda
- Whiskey Revelation, Knob Creek small-batch bourbon, Amaro Nonino, green chartreuse, aromatic and orange bitters with a flamed orange peel garnish
- Paradise Found, hibiscus-infused Grey Goose Vodka, fresh strawberry, fresh lemon, champagne with a floral garnish
- Espresso Perfecto, Van Gogh double-espresso vodka, Patron XO Café, fresh espresso with an espresso bean garnish.
In addition to drinks, a variety of straightforward snacks, such as hand-cut charcuterie and cheeses will be available.
Ashton Cigar Bar Hours
Monday – Friday 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday – Sunday 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.