Cochon Epic Announces Local Chef Lineup
Though it’s still more than a month away, news keeps coming out regarding the massive Cochon Epic event coming to the Ritz Carlton on July 28.
Today, the lineups of both local and national chefs were announced–the guys who will be right there in the thick of it, working with the 1,500 pounds of heritage pig being brought in for the party. For those of you who don’t quite get the whole Cochon thing, here’s the nut of it:
Celebrated local chefs will work alongside Cochon Grand Champions and Heritage BBQ Alumni to create an incredible porc feast. Additionally, EPIC will showcase a series of experiential tastings including the Chuptio Bar (mezcal tasting); a Tar Tare Bar presented by SIMI Winery; the artisan Cheese & Beer Pairings Bar in collaboration with Di Bruno Brothers
So who will you be seeing at Cochon?
Cochon Epic 2013
July 28, Philadelphia
- Jose Garces and Michael Fiorello from the Garces Restaurant Group
- Douglas Rodriguez, Will Zuchman and Reinaldo Alfonso from Alma de Cuba and the Continental
- Jeff Michaud and Brad Spence from Alla Spina
- Michael Santoro and Michael Rafidi from The Mildred
- “Team Katz” with David Katz of Creekstone Farms, Kevin Sbraga of Sbraga, Joe Cicala of Le Virtu, Jeremy Nolen of Brauhaus Schmitz and Nick Macri of Southwark
- Jason Cichonski from Ela, with Jon Cichon and Adam Lazarick from Lacroix and Shola Olunloyo of Studio Kitchen
Also: Daniel Stern of R2L will be manning the TarTare Bar; Eli Collins and Rob Marzinsky from Pub & Kitchen will be serving scrapple to all comers and chef Nathan Volz from 10 Arts will be hosting the whole shebang.
On the national side of things, there’s a whole bunch of pork luminaries coming to town–and some past Cochon winners. Dig it:
National talent includes three-time Cochon 555 Winner Matt Jennings of Farmstead in Providence; Cochon 555 Winner and All-Star Cochon participant Jamie Bissonnette of Toro NYC & Boston / Coppa Boston; 2012 Cochon Heritage BBQ Grand Champion Todd Mussman of Muss & Turners and Local 3 Atlanta; and 2012 King of Porc, Grand Cochon Winner and 2013 Food & Wine Best New Chef Jason Vincent of Nightwood Chicago.
Tickets for the big event are already on sale for $135 (general admission) and $200 (VIP). Go to the Cochon 555 website right now and get yours. You can thank us later.
Cochon 555 [Official]