Morimoto Launches Line of Unconventional Ice Cream Flavors
Look out Little Baby’s Ice Cream. Morimoto and his pastry chef Thomas McCarthy have developed a line of unconventional ice cream and sorbet flavors. And they’re going to be for sale at Morimoto in Philadelphia. Flavors will include such unusual flavors such as Popcorn, Miso Honey and Chicken ‘n Waffle.
The ice cream can be purchased to-go at Morimoto’s host stand as well as from servers at the end of a meal. The ice cream launch this Friday and will cost $10 per container.
The following flavors will be available at launch:
- Mary Jane Brownie: Kinako (or toasted soybean flour) ice cream with bits of chocolate brownie and candied hemp seeds
- Miso Honey: A salty sweet combination made with burnt honey ice cream swirled with sweet shiro miso
- Pist Toff: Pistachio ice cream with toffee pieces
- Coconut Coffee: Creamy coconut sorbet with a coffee swirl and cacao nibs – a vegan’s delight
- Chicken ‘n Waffle: Buttermilk ice cream with fried chicken skin and maple waffle pieces
- Popcorn: Well … popcorn in ice cream form!
Morimoto [Official Site]