Sneak Preview: April At COOK
It’s that time again, folks. The new schedule of COOK classes is going live tomorrow afternoon, but because you are wise and loyal fans of Foobooz, you get to sneak a peek at it early and thereby plan out your assault for tomorrow.
There’s a lot of cool and interesting stuff happening at COOK in April–like an evening with Lee Styer of Fond, “Breakfast of Champions”with Scott Schroeder and George Costa, a shellfish class with Joncarl Lachman of Noord (which, if I’m not mistaken, is probably the first time he’ll be cooking in Philly in any kind of public way), and our own Foobooz Open Stove night to start the month off right.
Check out the full schedule after the jump.
- April 3: Foobooz Open Stove XII. You ever watched Iron Chef? Yeah, our event is just like that–only with more drinking, cursing and Gummy Bears
- April 4: A Very Vegan Feast with Rachel Klein of Miss Rachel’s Pantry
- April 5: Perfect Pairings: Beer and Cheese with Gene Muller of Flying Fish Brewing Co Emilio Mignucci of DiBruno Bros
- April 9: The Classic Sixties Dinner Party with Daniela D’Ambrosio and Todd Braley of The Pickled Heron, which is TOTALLY not going to be a key party. Really.
- April 12: Perfect Pairings: Beer and Seafood with Carmen Cappello of The Moshulu and Dan Berlin of Bongo Zeptobrewery
- April 14: 1PM Springtime Baking with Christina D of Barclay Prime
- April 15: An Evening with Lee Styer of Fond, which will also totally not turn into a key party.
- April 17: Italian Wine Dinner with Arthur Cavaliere of In Riva and Ryan Fonash of Vintage Imports
- April 18: Curries in a Hurry with Brian Ricci of Kennett
- April 19: A Shellfish Spectacular with Joncarl Lachman of Noord. And anything that’s called a “spectacular” just has to be good.
- April 20: An Evening with Ian Russo, AKA The Dirty Chef. Say what you will, but the man had his steak named the best in NYC not too long ago.
- April 21: 6PM New American Cuisine with Eric and Mark Plescha of Charcoal BYOB
- April 23: Wines for Vegetarian Menus with Brian Freedman, Food and Wine Writer/Consultant
- April 25: Breakfast of Champions with Scott Schroeder of South Philly Tap Room and American Sardine Bar and George Costa of Pub & Kitchen. Word of advice? Wear your drinking socks.
- April 26: Sushi Making-101 with Amanda Bossard of Otolith Sustainable Seafood
- April 28: 3PM Cake Making and Decorating with Thomas Heck of Davio’s Philadelphia
- April 30: Secrets of a Professional Chef with Stacey DiPlacidio of Fitzwater Café