Second Mac’s Coming to Chestnut: We Handicap the Locations
A second Mac’s Tavern has been rumored to be west of Broad for a bit now. Today, Michael Klein reports that the deal is “so close for a location on Chestnut Street near Rittenhouse Square.” So that got to wandering Chestnut Street this afternoon, looking for what might be the second Always Sunny in Philadelphia backed bar.
- 1600 block of Chestnut
- No vacancies, way to go Chestnut Street
- 1700 block of Chestnut
- Daffy’s – Seems very unlikely a bar is going to take over a corner retail location.
- Copa Miami – Remember back when there was a Copa on Chestnut Street? Yeah, those were the months. The first floor facade and interior are horribly dated but the upper floors reveal a pretty good looking exterior. Not exactly a Mac’s Tavern looking spot though.
- Clear – Corner location seems more likely to become part of the DiBruno mothership than a corner bar.
- 1800 block of Chestnut
- Two nondescript buildings next to the Boyds lot – Seem like a stretch since neither has ever been a bar or restaurant in the past.
- 1900 block of Chestnut
- The Boyd Theater – But then where would Stephen Starr’s downtown movie theater go?
- Industry XIX – A phone call to the former Kokopelli found the voice mail box full. We could totally see Mac’s going here. The Drinkers across the street would certainly create a certain synergy.